A practical toolbox for managers
Leadership Skills | Seminar
Moving into a management or team leader position demands new knowledge, skills and behaviors. As Marshall Goldsmith wrote, “What got you here won’t get you there.” By drawing on your own examples and the trainer’s practical experience and insights, this seminar ensures you return to work feeling confident and motivated to deliver results through your greatest asset – your people.
Who’s it for?
The Practical Toolbox for Managers is an experiential seminar suitable for those foreseen for promotion to a management or team leader position, those recently promoted or those who have been active in their role for up to 3 years.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- reflected on the key requirements of a manager
- increased your self-awareness as a basis for developing your own management style
- acquired practical skills for achieving goals, building the team and developing individuals
- improved your personal effectiveness
- prepared to transfer training into action
What’s covered in “A Practical Toolbox for Managers”?
- Identifying the skills and behaviors of an effective manager
- Reflecting and valuing your own personality (SDI)
- Building trust and credibility
- Applying action-centered leadership
- Building emotional bank accounts
- Sharpening your impact through effective communication
- Setting goals and managing performance
- Delivering effective feedback (the DESC and SOFA models)
- Influencing others
- Being effective and not just busy
- Delegating – what’s stopping you?
- Knowing your rights and responsibilities – assertiveness at work
You might also be interested in
Letting go of tasks and responsibilities is one of the biggest challenges facing new managers and team leaders. After all, it’s probably easier and quicker to do it yourself, right? Plus you know how busy your team is, don’t you? This seminar, focused on delegation training, challenges you to reflect on your assumptions, identify your barriers and build a plan of action – thereby increasing your and your team’s impact on your organization.
In today’s fast-moving working environment, conflicts over resources, cultures, priorities or personalities can and do arise. This workshop equips you with strategies to help you recognize, manage and solve conflicts quickly and effectively so you can get back to focusing on your job.