Building an effective team
Working in teams and virtual teams | Soft skills | Seminar
Effective teams in business, as in sports, don’t happen by chance. A combination of the right players, clear goals and processes and efficient management helps a team to reach its goals. This seminar will equip you with the knowledge and skills to manage and participate in highly effective teamwork.
Who’s it for?
This highly experiential seminar is ideal for newly formed teams. It can also be adapted to meet the needs of existing teams looking to review and strengthen their performance.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- understood what makes teams effective
- reflected on individual roles and preferences within your team
- built trust to foster interdependency
- clarified goals, roles, processes, responsibilities and communication guidelines
- planned for the return to the workplace
- Naming your team’s mission and objectives
- Identifying key characteristics and behaviors of effective teams
- Understanding the team development process (forming, storming, norming, performing)
- Understanding team role preferences (Belbin)
- Recognizing, respecting and capitalizing on our differences
- Balancing independence with interdependence
- Building mutual trust
- Clarifying goals and processes
- Building clarity of roles and responsibilities using the ARCI matrix
- Establishing team communication guidelines
- Implementing the principles of effective team leadership
- Spotting warning signals and bringing the team back on track
- Transferring intentions into actions
You might also be interested in
Moving into a management or team leader position demands new knowledge, skills and behaviors. As Marshall Goldsmith wrote, “What got you here won’t get you there.” By drawing on your own examples and the trainer’s practical experience and insights, this seminar ensures you return to work feeling confident and motivated to deliver results through your greatest asset – your people.