Business across cultures
Intercultural Skills | Seminar
Are you currently working across cultures or expecting to work with clients, partners and suppliers from other cultures? Is your team or company becoming increasingly multi-cultural? To compete successfully in business today you must be able to maximize your impact when working across cultures with partners from different countries.
Who’s it for?
This highly practical seminar targets all professionals keen to maximize their effectiveness when working across cultures. Integrating the business-oriented approach of Trompenaars Hampden-Turner, you will learn to recognize when culture is having an impact on successful business, respect the differences and reconcile the viewpoints to build stronger and more effective relationships. No previous experience is required.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- understood what a culture is and the impact it can have when working across cultures
- used a framework for considering the cultural impact in business
- raised awareness of your own individual cultural preferences
- related this to your international partners
- created practical strategies for communicating
- developed competency for working with your target cultures
- Understanding what we mean by “culture”
- Appreciating the impact of culture on business
- Recognizing when the issue is not cultural
- Introducing the 7 dimensions of culture
- Reviewing individual IAP results
- Working with the 7 dimensions in practice
- Recognizing cultural dimensions in the workplace
- Building implicit and explicit awareness of your target cultures
Recognizing the impact culture plays on:
- making contact and establishing rapport
- managing discussions and meetings
- presenting and negotiating
- implementing the 3 Rs (recognizing, respecting and reconciling)
- identifying self-learning strategies
You might also be interested in
Interviewing is one of the best ways to gather information for a whole variety of purposes. Through uncovering and gathering information, interviewing skills support your decision making. This seminar uses role-plays and feedback to develop proven interviewing techniques you can use in your workplace.