Communicating difficult news
Personal & Interpersonal Skills | Soft Skills |Seminar
Do you struggle when giving bad news? Whether it be to a supplier, a client or your own manager, this seminar will help you to communicate a clear and professional message, managing your and your partners’ reactions.
Who’s it for?
This highly practical seminar is aimed at all professionals who need to deliver difficult news. This seminar builds confidence in communicating negative messages and equips participants with a better understanding of how to deal with any fallout.
Recent target groups have included project managers, customer support employees, purchasers and HR specialists.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- developed an understanding of the emotional journey both sides take
- used reliable communication models that reduce stress
- familiarized yourself with practical tools and methods for delivering difficult news
- developed a skill set for handling internal and external partners in crisis situations
- gained confidence in dealing with difficult people and situations
- Identifying your communication scenarios through a situational matrix
- Appreciating what makes news “difficult” to give and receive
- Understanding how people react
- Managing stress and increasing clarity through practical models for communicating difficult news:
- Managing different communication modes
- The impact of culture
- Dealing with the unexpected