Effective note and minute taking
Writing Skills | Soft skills | Seminar
Accurate notes and minutes are essential for any meeting to be effective and productive. By breaking the note and minute taking process down into three simple stages and introducing proven and practical techniques, this seminar ensures you have the confidence and competence to transform meetings into action.
Who’s it for?
This practice-oriented seminar is beneficial for anyone looking to build their confidence and competence when taking notes and minutes.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- planned and prepared to take notes and minutes with the end in mind
- captured and selected key information through enhanced listening skills
- minuted and transcribed key information with ease and accuracy
- written and presented a document that is reader-friendly and clearly indicates actions and results
- increased your overall confidence
- Recognizing the challenges a minute-taker faces
- Valuing your role as a minute taker
- Understanding the importance of planning before a meeting
- Using tools and techniques for the format and content of minutes
- Understanding the role of effective listening when taking minutes
- Sharpening your listening skills
- Having a strategy for identifying what is important during a meeting
- Gaining confidence in identifying critical information
- Dealing with challenging situations
- Understanding how to use reported speech effectively
- Building a tool box of alternative reported speech verbs
- Gaining confidence when summarizing
- Creating a personal strategy for successful minute-taking
You might also be interested in
Effective reports play a key role in many aspects of business – from R&D to auditing, quality management to HR. They support problem solving, decision making, planning and controlling. This seminar explains how to plan, structure, write and edit reader-oriented reports that generate results for you and your organization.