Emailing & telephoning with confidence
Communication Skills | Business English | Seminar
Communicating effectively can be difficult when our colleagues are not in the same building or even the same country. Developing the basic skills of emailing and telephoning supports the transfer of information, ensures messages are understood as they were intended and builds healthy working relationships.
Who’s it for?
This highly practical seminar supports professionals who wish to improve their confidence and competence when working in English via email or over the phone. Typical participants want to communicate more effectively, ensure their message is understood, comprehend the information they receive, and minimize time and stress.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- increased your confidence and competence when communicating in English via email and telephone
- developed your ability to manage your typical and routine tasks in English via email and telephone
- learned time-saving strategies for writing routine emails
- implemented proven techniques and models to ensure professional communication organizations
- built a language toolbox of phrases necessary for communicating effectively and productively via telephone and email
- Understanding the guidelines for effective communication
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of communicating via email and telephone
- Planning for purpose
- Using structure and format to ensure clarity and results in emails
- Implementing time-saving email models
- Applying effective language for emailing
- Dealing with typical tasks and scenarios via email and telephone
- Using the telephone effectively and appropriately
- Taking the fear out of telephoning in English
- Building a toolbox of power phrases for telephoning in English
Writing emails with R.A.P
In this short video, Nathan Wale explains how and when to use the very effective R.A.P structure for emails.
You might also be interested in