Facilitating meetings and workshops
Personal & Interpersonal Skills | Soft Skills |Seminar
A confident and effective facilitator enables others to maximize their contribution by creating a supportive and outcome-oriented environment. As management styles evolve, and collaborative teams become the norm, facilitation has become an increasingly important competency for managers and specialists.
Who’s it for?
Our practice-oriented seminar on facilitating meetings and workshops is for managers and specialists who currently, or expect to, facilitate meetings, workshops and conferences with a multinational group. Typical participants are looking to build their confidence when facing the unexpected and acquire new tools to deliver outcome-oriented workshops.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- developed your understanding and appreciation of the role of the facilitator and the benefits that effective facilitation offers
- developed a checklist for effectively preparing to facilitate
- practiced a wide range of facilitation methods
- developed and implemented a process for facilitating
- prepared to manage the unexpected
- set the scene for transferring newly acquired skills back to your workplace
- Facilitating – what does it really mean?
- Valuing the benefits of effective facilitating
- Identifying key values, attitudes, skills and behaviors needed by an effective facilitator
- Setting the scene for successful facilitation
- Understanding the facilitation rainbow
- Selecting and implementing appropriate facilitation methods
- Sharpening fundamental communication skills
- Validating, valuing and giving feedback
- Revitalizing the group
- Managing difficult people in difficult situations
- Mastering the facilitation process
- Transferring training into the work place
You might also be interested in
Moving into a management or team leader position demands new knowledge, skills and behaviors. As Marshall Goldsmith wrote, “What got you here won’t get you there.” By drawing on your own examples and the trainer’s practical experience and insights, this seminar ensures you return to work feeling confident and motivated to deliver results through your greatest asset – your people.