Culture Compass OnLine (CCOL)
What is it?
The Culture Compass OnLine (CCOL) is a web-based learning platform developed by Trompenaars Hampden-Turner, renowned original thinkers on the role of culture in business. The CCOL has been used by over 12,000 professionals to increase their cross-cultural awareness and skills through a series of highly-interactive activities.
Through the CCOL, Trompenaars-Hampden Turner shares the essence of 25 years of cross-cultural research, consulting practice and training with Fortune 500 companies around the world. The CCOL is an intercultural tool that has been developed for use in combination with the Intercultural Awareness Profiler (IAP), and provides the ideal blended-learning solution to in-company coaching and training.
How does it work?
Your team can use the CCOL at their own pace, and at a time convenient to them. Through the CCOL they can:
- complete an online introduction to culture and its different layers
- complete a short, intercultural questionnaire to help them identify their own cultural orientations
- receive individual feedback on their Intercultural Awareness Profile
- compare their Intercultural Awareness Profile against the profiles of more than 50 countries from Trompenaars Hampden-Turner’s database of over 80,000 managers and professionals
- receive feedback on the implications of the differences between their Intercultural Awareness Profile and a country of choice; including business cases, anecdotes, suggestions and recommendations
- learn about business topics such as meetings, management, marketing and negotiations in a country of choice
- build knowledge of important issues relating to a specific country’s history, social norms and contemporary issues
- complete a number of self-tests to find out how well they can bridge these cultural differences.
- Easy to implement
- Universal access on-line – anytime, anywhere – making it invaluable for managers and specialists on the move and unable to attend scheduled training sessions
- Participants take responsibility for their own learning and development
- Blended learning approach optimizes your training investment
- Multiplies the impact of culture-related training by building the participant’s commitment and knowledge
- Focuses exclusively on business needs, and the impact of culture on business.
- You benefit from Trompenaars Hampden-Turner’s 25 years of experience in cross-cultural research , consulting and training with Fortune 500 companies.