Intercultural Awareness Profiler (IAP)
What is the Intercultural Awareness Profiler?
The Intercultural Awareness Profiler (IAP) is a self-assessment and diagnostic tool developed by Trompenaars Hampden-Turner, renowned original thinkers on the role of culture in business.
Since 1982 more than 87,000 managers from over 100 countries have completed the IAP questionnaire. Today, validated data exists on 55 countries. It is by far the world’s largest and most established cross-cultural reference database, and focuses exclusively on business cultures e.g. the data represents Chinese business culture , not Chinese culture in general. Through using the IAP, your team will rapidly develop their understanding of the impact culture can play in your business. When connected with coaching or training, the IAP prepares your team for doing business effectively with international partners.
In addition, the Intercultural Awareness Profiler can include a component to produce a corporate culture profile. This provides insight into your team’s orientation in relation to other national and/or organizational cultures.
How does it work?
The IAP is completed online by each individual prior to coaching or training. A range of diagnostic questions structure the individual’s experiences. This assesses their personal orientation of choices when resolving intercultural business issues.
The IAP then generates a report containing an individualized profile and personalized feedback. The report enables the user to perform a comprehensive personal analysis of their own cross-cultural orientation, and also serves as an ideal springboard for high-impact training. The report is oriented against the Seven Dimensions of Culture model – developed by Fons Trompenaars and Charles Hampden-Turner and fully described in the bestseller Riding the Waves of Culture (2012 now in 3rd edition).
- Easy to implement.
- Focuses exclusively on business needs, and the impact of culture on business.
- Reliable and validated results assured through regular testing and reviews.
- Multiplies the impact of culture-related training by building the participant’s interest and commitment.
- You benefit from Trompenaars Hampden-Turner’s 25 years of experience in cross-cultural research , consulting and training with Fortune 500 companies.
- Users can complete the Intercultural Awareness Profiler questionnaire in English, German, French, Dutch or Spanish. Reports are generated in English.
- Individualized reports generated as pdf ,and onscreen with interactive feedback.
- Profiles do not provide good or bad assessment, meaning your team will be willing to share their profiles – and your Workers’ Council will support this.
- Essential springboard for further independent blended learning through the Culture Compass OnLine (CCOL).
You might also be interested in
Are you currently working across cultures or expecting to work with clients, partners and suppliers from other cultures? Is your team or company becoming increasingly multi-cultural? To compete successfully in business today you must be able to maximize your impact when working across cultures with partners from different countries.
The Culture Compass OnLine (CCOL) is a web-based learning platform developed by Trompenaars Hampden-Turner, renowned original thinkers on the role of culture in business. The CCOL has been used by over 12,000 professionals to increase their cross-cultural awareness and skills through a series of highly-interactive activities.