Personal & Interpersonal Skills | Soft Skills |Seminar
In today’s fast-moving working environment, conflicts over resources, cultures, priorities or personalities can and do arise. This workshop equips you with strategies to help you recognize, manage and solve conflicts quickly and effectively so you can get back to focusing on your job.
Who’s it for?
This highly practical workshop is suitable for all professionals seeking to recognize, manage and solve conflicts effectively. If you are working with other teams or departments, or if you manage people or projects where conflict can be an issue, this seminar is for you.
What are your outcomes?’
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- understood the nature of conflict and why it happens in the workplace
- recognized people’s needs and motivations in conflict situations
- developed strategies for dealing with conflicts before they arise
- learned how to create a safe environment for sharing information
- used a number of conflict management techniques
- practiced essential communication skills for conflict resolution
Using a coaching approach, this workshop looks at:
What is conflict?
- understanding what conflict is and what it isn’t
- reviewing options for dealing with conflict
What do people want?
- understanding the 4 approaches to conflict and its resolution
- identifying your preferred conflict resolution style
- understanding the impact teams can have upon efforts to resolve conflict
Communication tools and techniques for handling conflict
- listening effectively
- using self-reflecting language
- linking and building
- building accountability
- role-playing real situations to put new ideas into practice