Participating in meetings with confidence
Communication Skills | Business English | Seminar
Meetings are key to effective communication, and your language skills should not impact results adversely. Whether you are participating in a meeting or organizing a meeting, this seminar builds both your confidence and competence.
Who’s it for?
This practice-oriented seminar is ideal for all professionals who need to actively participate in meetings in English. Typical participants are seeking to build their confidence and competence to ensure they can make the most of the language skills they have.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- developed confidence and fluency when participating in meetings
- adopted the behaviors needed to make meetings effective
- built a language toolbox to increase productivity for future meetings
- Identifying what makes meetings successful and effective
- Building awareness of best-practice behaviors
- Appreciating your responsibility to actively contribute
- Planning for success
Building and using a practical language toolbox:
- starting with the end in mind
- sharing opinions
- summarizing projects and giving updates
- giving reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions
- comparing and contrasting alternatives
- agreeing and disagreeing
- interrupting not disrupting
- keeping on track through clarifying and summarizing
- involving others
- allocating tasks and implementing agreements