Presenting across cultures
Presentation Skills | Intercultural skills | Seminar
Knowing your audience is key to success when presenting and your audience’s culture plays a major role in this. This seminar challenges you to reflect and adapt your standard approach, taking into account your audience’s cultural preferences when planning and delivering your presentation.
Who’s it for?
This own-case oriented seminar is ideal for all professionals regularly presenting to international audiences.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- applied the head, hand and heart approach to ensure audience-focused presentations
- analyzed your audience‘s needs and preferences
- integrated your awareness of your audience’s culture to your planning and delivery process
- developed your ability to deliver a memorable message
- prepared to transfer the training to your workplace
Planning for impact
- what do I want to achieve?
- what do I know about my audience?
Messaging to multi-cultural audiences
- applying awareness of key cultural dimensions
- developing strategies to identify potential pitfalls
- remaining authentic while respecting your audience’s cultural preferences
Building clarity through structure
- compelling introductions
- building an argument
Getting the message across
- telling the story
- reinforcing the message through positive imagery and wording
Seizing the opportunity of questions
- dealing with questions – 4R technique
- dealing with difficult / hostile questions
Seminar pre-work is essential. Participants complete the Intercultural Awareness Profile and reflect on their own experiences.