Presenting in English with confidence
Presentation Skills | Business English | Seminar
Presenting can be challenging at the best of times, but in a foreign language it can be even more daunting. This seminar helps you build confidence by developing your technique to ensure your message is understood.
Who’s it for?
This hands-on seminar is aimed at anyone who needs to make presentations in English. Maybe giving presentations in English is new for you, or you want support with the presentations that you already do. Whether you are giving updates on projects, describing products or outlining processes, this seminar will help you build structure and confidence to ensure your message is heard, understood and remembered.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- sharpened your fluency when presenting in English
- learned how to structure a presentation to communicate effectively
- practiced tailoring your presentation to your audiences’ needs (WIIFM)
- built a time-saving language toolbox for structuring presentations
- practiced using visuals effectively
- learned to use your body and voice to get your message across
- developed techniques to anticipate and deal with simple questions
- developed the confidence to get up and do it!
Using a coaching approach, this seminar looks at:
- ensuring audience-orientation (WIIFM model)
- focusing on the key message
- developing an appropriate structure (‘Tell Them’ model)
- making an effective introduction
- using signposts to show direction
- building a language toolbox
- giving status updates and/or describing work processes
- using the voice – 4Ps: power, pace, pitch and pause
- using and describing visuals and graphics
- concluding effectively (why a summary is not a conclusion)
- dealing with questions
- practicing with an existing presentation or one created in the workshop