Reader-oriented writing in English
Writing Skills | Business English | Seminar
Do you need to write effectively and professionally in English? Do you feel you spend too much time writing and re-writing texts? This seminar helps you write clearly, confidently and with your reader in mind so your message makes the impact you need.
Who’s it for?
This highly practical seminar is aimed at all professionals looking to develop effective and efficient English writing skills.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- understood the key principles of effective business writing
- acquired simple tools to help you understand your readers’ needs
- developed key skills for controlling your content, structure and language
- learned how to deal with difficult people and situations
- grown in confidence and competence when writing in English
- Knowing why you are writing
- Putting yourself in your reader’s shoes
- Planning upfront, saving time later
- Using simple structural tools to save time (ACT, RAP, SCRAP, PRISM)
- Controlling writing through content, structure, and language
- Using appropriate grammar and vocabulary
- Building a language toolbox for day-to-day tasks
- Using effective chunking and formatting
- Selecting and applying the appropriate register
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Communicating bad news in writing
- Revising and editing with the effective writing pyramid
- Identifying your personal weaknesses and how to improve them