Selling across cultures
Intercultural Skills | Seminar
Selling is about people and building relationships. Culture plays a major part in this—it influences how we identify and discuss a need, how we propose a solution, who will listen to us and, most importantly, how we build trust and credibility.
Who’s it for?
This practice-oriented seminar is ideal for all sales professionals, sales support, account managers and project managers looking to become more effective when selling across cultures.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- considered the importance of culture to your sales processes
- developed an understanding of your and your customers‘ implicit and explicit norms, values and beliefs
- identified and anticipated problems in the sales process that may be due to culture
- developed personal practical solutions that work for both cultures
- prepared to apply what you have learned to achieve results
- Valuing what is culture and why it matters in sales
- Understanding your own norms, values and beliefs through the Intercultural Awareness Profiler
- Considering culture in your sales process
- Identifying the unspoken cultural needs of your client
- Recognizing, respecting and reconciling intercultural dilemmas in sales
- Putting theory into practice—case studies in cultural dilemma resolution
- Transferring intentions into actions
You might also be interested in
Cultural norms and values have a major impact on how we approach and negotiate our business relationships. What does trust look like? What does “partner” really mean? And what is the role of the contract? This seminar builds upon your international negotiation skills and challenges you to take them to the next level.