Train the trainer
Personal & Interpersonal Skills | Soft Skills |Seminar
Making the jump from expert to trainer is often stressful for many SMEs. This seminar equips you with the key skills and behaviors to ensure your training is engaging, and your learners’ training goals are met.
Who’s it for?
This transfer-oriented seminar is ideal for all subject-matter experts required to pass on their expertise internally or externally, through conducting training workshops. No previous experience is required.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- identified the requirements of your training role
- acquired the core skills and behaviors needed to deliver engaging training
- used a wide range of tools and techniques to make learning engaging
- developed your ability to manage the training day
- used simple tools for assessing the impact of your training
- Understanding the role of the trainer
- Appreciating how people learn
- Opening a training session
- Managing expectations by connecting the participants to result-oriented objectives
- Designing activities to make the learning engaging
- Building and maintaining rapport through participant involvement
- Setting up training activities
- Giving feedback and debriefing
- Applying a range of training methods, tools, tips and tricks
- Managing the group by managing individuals
- Grading your expertise
- Handling participant questions
- Closing the training
- Assessing the results
You might also be interested in
A confident and effective facilitator enables others to maximize their contribution by creating a supportive and outcome-oriented environment. As management styles evolve, and collaborative teams become the norm, facilitation has become an increasingly important competency for managers and specialists.