Working with collaborative technologies
Communication Skills | Business English | Seminar
Communicating effectively can be even more difficult when we cannot see the people we are meeting. Having the skills required to effectively take part in netmeetings, videoconferences and teleconferences saves time and money.
Who’s it for?
This practical seminar is aimed at professionals wishing to improve their confidence and language skills in netmeetings, videoconferences and teleconferences. Typical participants want to communicate more effectively, ensure full participation, minimize confusion and ensure the aims of the meeting are achieved on time.
What are your outcomes?
By the end of the training intervention you will have:
- gained confidence when working with collaborative technologies
- developed key language to actively participate
- built a toolbox of language to improve understanding
- acquired the skills necessary to lead and guide
- learned how to respond appropriately to typical situations
- transferred practical strategies to ensure your meetings are clear and effective
Using an experiential approach, this seminar looks at:
- appreciating the specific challenges of collaborative technologies
- setting the scene
- using effective protocol (turn taking, describing actions, etc.)
- picking up general ideas and specific information
- stating a position clearly and exchanging factual information
- inviting other participants to comment
- entering a discussion
- managing interruptions
- providing product and process details
- recognizing tone and formality and responding appropriately
- reformulating contributions of others and confirming understanding