About this training
Effective writing skills save time, money and support clear communication. This seminar is targeted at professionals who need to regularly write reports, documents, documentation and emails. Hands-on practice and feedback will help you write clearly, confidently and with your reader in mind. And you’ll leave with strategies, structures and practical tips so your message makes the impact you need to get results!
Grow in confidence and competence when writing in English.
- Understand the key principles of effective business writing
- Acquire simple tools to help you understand your reader’s needs
- Develop key skills for controlling your content, structure and language
- Learn how to deal with difficult people and situations
- Grow in confidence and competence when writing in English
- Knowing why you are writing
- Putting yourself in your reader’s shoes
- Planning upfront, saving time later
- Using simple structural tools to save time (ACT, RAP, SCRAP, PRISM)
- Controlling writing through content, structure, and language
- Using appropriate grammar and vocabulary
- Building a language toolbox for day-to-day tasks
- Using effective chunking and formatting
- Selecting and applying the appropriate register
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Communicating bad news in writing
- Revising and editing with the effective writing pyramid
- Identifying your personal weaknesses and how to improve them
Develop key skills for controlling your content, structure and language.
Acquire simple tools to help you understand your reader’s needs.
The big eBook of English email phrases
A successful email is one that is opened, read, understood, and acted upon – and one that makes people willing to work with you
This eBook contains useful standard English email phrases for you to use.The phrases have been categorized under sensible headings and have been further divided into formal, neutral and informal language.
Contact us for more information
Your personal data is safe with us and you won’t be entered on any mailing lists when you submit this contact form.