Leading people in a virtual environment
These five 2-hour modules are for all managers who are, or going to be leading people in a virtual environment, whether it be project, function or matrix. Full of practical advice, hands-on activities and tools that really work, the modules are delivered remotely using online platforms e.g., Webex Training Center. This means you can train your managers no matter where they are based.
- Reflect on the challenges of leading people and teams virtually
- Identify what your virtual team wants and needs from you as a leader
- Sharpen your ability to effectively communicate in a virtual environment
- Acquire fundamental tools and tips to manage individual and team performance in a virtual environment
- Acquire tools and tips to develop your employees that are working virtually
- Increase your ability to build trust, motivate and enhance accountability virtually
- Acquire tools to lead people virtually who don’t report directly to you
The 2-hour modules are designed to be delivered as a single program, but you can also pick, choose and adapt to suit your needs and priorities.
The fundamentals every distance manager needs
- Horses & Zebras – Compare and contrast the challenges of working virtually
- Introducing the 7 competencies of an effective distance manager
- The 4 fundamentals every distance manager needs to operate effectively in a virtual environment
- Assessing your own competencies
Delivering what your team needs from you
- Competency profile for virtual teamwork and leadership
- Myths and realities of leading a virtual team
- Why do virtual teams fail? – The 5 most common avoidable mistakes
- What do employees want from their distance manager
- Overcoming the isolation – virtual water cooler
Managing the communication challenge
- Staying connected and coordinated
- Matching the medium with the message – which tool and when?
- Building a communication charter
- Sharing information
- Presenting in a virtual environment
- The distance manager’s guide to efficient teleconferences and web meetings
Managing individual performance
- Purpose and SMART goals in a virtual environment
- Coaching in a virtual environment
- Feedback not advice
- Accountability in a virtual environment – DEEP model
- Empowering colleagues to manage their own boundaries
- Celebrating from a distance
- Leading people who don’t report to you
Managing team performance
- Developing core skills amongst your team
- Building motivation and enhancing accountability
- Focusing the team by establishing goals and key success indicators – The Purpose Pyramid
- Identifying roles and responsibilities (applying the ARCI model)
- Performing a virtual team health check
For more information about this training
Your personal data is safe with us and you won’t be entered on any mailing lists if you submit this form.
Contact us for more information
Let’s talk training solutions!
Are you responsible for organizing training and development solutions for individuals, teams, or your entire organization? Are you looking for ideas and options? Would you like to learn about what works, what doesn’t, what others are doing, and where to start? We have 25+ years’ experience in implementing B2B training solutions. Projects large and small, we’ve done it all, helping hundreds of organizations and thousands of employees succeed globally.